STILLWATER, Minn. (AP) — The Minnesota Department of Corrections says five staff members at the Minnesota Correctional Facility-Oak Park Heights had to be treated at a hospital after an inmate melee.
Department of Corrections spokesperson Sarah Fitzgerald tells the Pioneer Press that the workers were treated and released in the same day. The Friday night incident involving an unknown number of inmates is under investigation.
The prison is the state’s maximum security facility.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com