MIAMI (AP) — American Airlines officials say five passengers were injured on a flight from Grenada to Miami after the plane encountered some unexpected turbulence.
American’s Flight 982 landed at Miami International Airport shortly before noon Thursday without incident. Five passengers were taken to a hospital for minor injuries.
The airline said in a statement that the seat-belt sign was on at the time and that pilots had no indication of severe turbulence in the area.
The Miami Herald (http://tinyurl.com/o8dgfl8) reports the plane carried 74 passengers and a five-member crew.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Hawaii police arrest couple who boarded flight despite testing positive for coronavirus
- New Orleans swingers event becomes 'superspreader' after 41 test positive for coronavirus
- Some 2-week coronavirus quarantines can be cut to 10 or 7 days, CDC says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com