MIAMI (AP) — American Airlines officials say five passengers were injured on a flight from Grenada to Miami after the plane encountered some unexpected turbulence.
American’s Flight 982 landed at Miami International Airport shortly before noon Thursday without incident. Five passengers were taken to a hospital for minor injuries.
The airline said in a statement that the seat-belt sign was on at the time and that pilots had no indication of severe turbulence in the area.
The Miami Herald (http://tinyurl.com/o8dgfl8) reports the plane carried 74 passengers and a five-member crew.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- Greene searched Capitol office building for Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, 2019 video shows
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Israel strikes Gaza home of Hamas leader, destroys AP office
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com