CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire health officials say there have been five flu-related deaths among adults in the state this season.
It’s been an aggressive flu season nationally, with 27 deaths in California.
WMUR-TV reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says in New Hampshire, the flu’s spread is considered “regional,” while it’s considered widespread in 46 other states.
CDC officials said people can help limit the spread of the flu by washing hands often and disinfecting spots that are touched frequently.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen