CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — New Hampshire health officials say there have been five flu-related deaths among adults in the state this season.
It’s been an aggressive flu season nationally, with 27 deaths in California.
WMUR-TV reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says in New Hampshire, the flu’s spread is considered “regional,” while it’s considered widespread in 46 other states.
CDC officials said people can help limit the spread of the flu by washing hands often and disinfecting spots that are touched frequently.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire