SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Five teenagers are facing murder and burglary charges in connection with the shooting death of a 33-year-old central New York man in December.
Nineteen-year-old Cameron Webster, of Syracuse, was charged earlier this week. He joins 19-year-old Quinton Gathings, 17-year-old Tyrone Byrd, 16-year-old Francis Mercado, and a 15-year-old male whose name is not being released because of his age.
A police investigation determined that the suspects forcibly entered the home of James Smith on Dec. 12 and shot him in the hip area during a dispute. He died a short time later in a city hospital.
Four suspects are being held at Onondaga County Justice Center, while the 15-year-old is at a juvenile detention facility. It could not immediately be determined if they have attorneys.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
- Man nabbed in wife's chain saw attack was deported 11 times