GASTON, Ind. (AP) — Eastern Indiana police say a fourth person has died following a February collision between two cars.
Delaware County Sheriff Ray Dudley says 68-year-old Benjamin C. Parsons of rural Muncie died Tuesday at an Indianapolis hospital.
Police say he was driving Feb. 27 when a car driven by 18-year-old Joshua Lowell Hartley of rural Gaston crossed the center line and crashed into Parsons’ vehicle.
Hartley and a 28-year-old passenger, Matthew T. Cass of Muncie, were pronounced dead at the scene. Another passenger, 18-year-old Lydia J. Astrop of Albany, died the next day.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
The Star Press reports that Parsons’ death leaves Hartley’s twin brother, Jacob, as the crash’s sole survivor. He remained hospitalized Tuesday in serious condition.
A witness told police that Joshua Hartley’s car was speeding shortly before the collision.
Information from: The Star Press, http://www.thestarpress.com