SIKESTON, Mo. (AP) — Authorities are investigating a deadly fire in a southeast Missouri home.
Sikeston Department of Public Safety assistant chief Jim McMillen says crews responded around 11:50 p.m. Tuesday. KFVS-TV reports that firefighters found a 42-year-old man unresponsive in his bed. The man’s name wasn’t immediately released.
The fire started in a carport area, although it’s not clear what sparked it. The state fire marshal was called to investigate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- COVID kills a leading anti-vaccine televangelist; evangelicals don't want to talk about it
- Which booster shot is best? Study of 7 COVID vaccines pinpoints the effects of each
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style — and her future ambitions
- Michigan parents found in building; bond set at $500K apiece
Information from: KFVS-TV, http://www.kfvs12.com