HARRISONVILLE, Mo. (AP) — Police say a cattle trailer has overturned in western Missouri, killing 40 to 50 animals.
The Kansas City Star reports that the crash happened Friday morning in Harrisonville, which is about 30 miles (48 kilometers) south of Kansas City. Police say the truck was pulling a trailer with 80 to 100 head of cattle.
A man and woman in the truck were taken to a hospital with minor injuries. Police say the surviving cattle were rounded up and taken from the scene in trailers. Police say some animals will likely be looked at by a veterinarian. It’s unclear where the cattle were going.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation. It caused major traffic delays on northbound Interstate 49.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Kansas City Star, http://www.kcstar.com