ST. LOUIS (AP) — A 4-year-old boy is hospitalized in critical condition in St. Louis after shooting himself in the mouth.
The shooting happened Tuesday afternoon in north St. Louis. The child was also struck in the hand by the same bullet.
The child’s name has not been released, and police have not disclosed whose gun he had or how he got it.
The shooting was the second in four days involving a young child. A 2-year-old accidentally shot and killed his father on Saturday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- MIT researchers create test to predict COVID immunity; Harvard scientists develop test for both virus and antibodies
- Naturalist who was authority on eastern timber rattlesnakes dies of snakebite at 80