MURRAY, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say four teenage girls were injured while tubing on a lake in eastern Nebraska’s Cass County.
Medics were sent Saturday evening to Lake Waconda, southeast of Murray. Cass County Sheriff William Brueggemann says the boat pulling the tube made a quick turn, which threw the girls into a rock wall on the northeast side of the lake.
One girl with head injuries was flown to Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. Injuries to the other girls included a broken leg and pelvis. Three of them are 13; one is 15. Their names haven’t been released.
The boat driver was cited for negligent driving.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe