KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian officials say four people have died in a helicopter crash.
The Interior Ministry said Friday that the Mi-8 helicopter on a training mission crashed after hitting a cable supporting a TV tower. All four crew members on board died during the crash that occurred late Thursday near the city of Kremenchuk in central Ukraine.
The ministry said the helicopter belonged to a training center.
The Mi-8 is a twin-engine Soviet built helicopter used widely by many operators worldwide since the 1960s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination