KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian officials say four people have died in a helicopter crash.
The Interior Ministry said Friday that the Mi-8 helicopter on a training mission crashed after hitting a cable supporting a TV tower. All four crew members on board died during the crash that occurred late Thursday near the city of Kremenchuk in central Ukraine.
The ministry said the helicopter belonged to a training center.
The Mi-8 is a twin-engine Soviet built helicopter used widely by many operators worldwide since the 1960s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Trump says summit with Putin was 'even better' than NATO meeting; Republicans criticize his Helsinki comments