KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian officials say four people have died in a helicopter crash.
The Interior Ministry said Friday that the Mi-8 helicopter on a training mission crashed after hitting a cable supporting a TV tower. All four crew members on board died during the crash that occurred late Thursday near the city of Kremenchuk in central Ukraine.
The ministry said the helicopter belonged to a training center.
The Mi-8 is a twin-engine Soviet built helicopter used widely by many operators worldwide since the 1960s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH