KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Ukrainian officials say four people have died in a helicopter crash.
The Interior Ministry said Friday that the Mi-8 helicopter on a training mission crashed after hitting a cable supporting a TV tower. All four crew members on board died during the crash that occurred late Thursday near the city of Kremenchuk in central Ukraine.
The ministry said the helicopter belonged to a training center.
The Mi-8 is a twin-engine Soviet built helicopter used widely by many operators worldwide since the 1960s.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump leads aggressive, all-out GOP drive to save Kavanaugh WATCH
- Coddling parents of Chinese college students stay close by in ‘tents of love’
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Rosenstein still has his job _ at least till Trump showdown
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser