LIVINGSTON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities in New Jersey say four people were injured when a van crashed into a group home.
Police say the crash happened around 5 p.m. Thursday in Livingston. The driver told police she was returning to the facility with three passengers when the vehicle’s brakes failed. Authorities say the van crashed into the home’s garage, traveled through a side wall and came to a rest on a retaining wall.
Officials say the driver and three passengers were treated for minor injuries at a hospital. The other group home residents have been moved to a hotel.
The home is a facility for adults with special needs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
Authorities say the garage is badly damaged. Crews were on the scene to remove the van and clean up the home.
Police continue to investigate.