ABILENE, Kan. (AP) — Four people are dead after a one-vehicle accident on Interstate 70 in eastern Kansas.
The accident was reported just before 10 a.m. Tuesday in Dickinson County, near Abilene. Names of the victims have not been released.
Kansas Highway Patrol Trooper Ben Gardner says the vehicle went off the roadway and rolled over. The cause of the accident isn’t immediately known but snow was falling Tuesday morning, causing slick roadways in many parts of the state.
Gardner says several vehicles have slid off of roads and highways because of the slick conditions, but no other fatal wrecks were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events