NORTON SHORES, Mich. (AP) — Four Detroit men have been charged in the fatal shooting of a man in the Muskegon area, 200 miles away.
The men are charged with four federal crimes, including conspiracy, in the death of Deangelo Pippen in December 2016. The 38-year-old was shot while driving a car in Norton Shores in western Michigan. He crashed the vehicle in Muskegon Heights.
An indictment unsealed in Detroit federal court Thursday described it as a murder-for-hire plot.
After the shooting, police said Pippen had ties to Detroit. Investigators at that time believed he was targeted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Pussy Riot upstages Putin with protest that halts World Cup VIEW
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers