NORTON SHORES, Mich. (AP) — Four Detroit men have been charged in the fatal shooting of a man in the Muskegon area, 200 miles away.
The men are charged with four federal crimes, including conspiracy, in the death of Deangelo Pippen in December 2016. The 38-year-old was shot while driving a car in Norton Shores in western Michigan. He crashed the vehicle in Muskegon Heights.
An indictment unsealed in Detroit federal court Thursday described it as a murder-for-hire plot.
After the shooting, police said Pippen had ties to Detroit. Investigators at that time believed he was targeted.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors