MIAMI (AP) — A third teen is facing charges in connection with the fatal shooting of a 7-year-old boy near Miami.
A Miami-Dade police report says 19-year-old Michael Tobler had an argument with the suspect thought to be the shooter shortly before a drive-by left Amiere Castro dead.
Police say 19-year-old Dravein Duke, 18-year-old Maxwell Trewin and three others went to a home Sunday to buy marijuana from Tobler. Police say an argument over a stolen gun ended with the visitors driving away as Tobler fired several shots at their vehicle.
Investigators say Duke retrieved an AK-47 rifle and had Trewin drive him back. Police say the ensuing drive-by shooting left two teens wounded and Castro dead.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wealthy couple chartered a plane to the Yukon, took vaccines meant for Indigenous elders, authorities said
- US terrorism alert warns of politically motivated violence
- Judge bars Biden from enforcing 100-day deportation ban
- Biden may be stuck with some Trumpists
- Biden to reopen ACA marketplaces, lower barriers for joining Medicaid
Tobler was arrested Wednesday and charged with attempted second-degree murder and aggravated assault with a firearm. Duke and Trewin were previously charged with murder.
Jail records didn’t list attorneys.