NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A Louisiana woman has been sentenced to three years in prison for writing fraudulent checks.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in New Orleans says 52-year-old Maria Spears, of Kenner, was sentenced Wednesday.
She had pleaded guilty to bank larceny.
Prosecutors say she wrote approximately $357,000 worth of bad checks from June 2015 until March of last year, making purchases of cars and real estate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No'
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
Spears still faces a December restitution hearing.