ADA, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old boy took the wheel of a pickup truck and drove it several blocks across four lanes of an Oklahoma highway after his apparently intoxicated mother fell out.
Pontotoc County District Attorney Chris Ross says his office is preparing drunken driving charges against the child’s mother following the incident Wednesday morning on State Highway 1, just east of Ada.
Witnesses told troopers that after the woman fell out of the truck, the 3-year-old boy stood up on the seat and steered the vehicle across the highway until it came to rest on a curb. Ross says the woman told authorities that the child had undone his seat belt and she was trying to refasten it when she fell out of the truck.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Texas man hit the strip club and bought a Lamborghini with COVID aid. Now he's headed to prison
- Will the Vaccines Stop Omicron? Scientists Are Racing to Find Out.
- Counterfeit COVID masks are still sold everywhere, despite misleading claims
- Existing vaccines might not be effective against omicron variant right away, Moderna CEO says
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked