ADA, Okla. (AP) — Authorities say a 3-year-old boy took the wheel of a pickup truck and drove it several blocks across four lanes of an Oklahoma highway after his apparently intoxicated mother fell out.
Pontotoc County District Attorney Chris Ross says his office is preparing drunken driving charges against the child’s mother following the incident Wednesday morning on State Highway 1, just east of Ada.
Witnesses told troopers that after the woman fell out of the truck, the 3-year-old boy stood up on the seat and steered the vehicle across the highway until it came to rest on a curb. Ross says the woman told authorities that the child had undone his seat belt and she was trying to refasten it when she fell out of the truck.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New study finds 6 ways to slow memory decline and lower dementia risk
- How do you live to be 100? Good genes, getting outside and friends
- Why nonalcoholic beer beats regular beer after exercise
- Latest Santos chaos: 'Hiring' treasurer who turned down job
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events