SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The 3-year-old daughter of former NFL running back and current Brigham Young University assistant coach Reno Mahe has died a week after she was found tangled in a mini blind with cords wrapped around her neck.
Mahe and his wife, Sunny, announced daughter Elsie’s death Tuesday on social media . The announcement says the girl had two neurological exams and both tested positive for brain death. It says she died Tuesday evening. A family spokesman confirmed the girl’s death on Twitter .
The accident happened in the Mahes’ Utah home on Nov. 22.
The Mahes say they worked to have Elsie’s organs donated.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Rebound with redemption: Huskies come back to beat Utah behind the unlikeliest of heroes
Reno Mahe played five seasons in the NFL for the Philadelphia Eagles from 2003 to 2007. He coaches running backs at BYU.