IRVING, Texas (AP) — Police are holding a 20-year-old man on a preliminary murder charge in the beating death of an 83-year-old North Texas woman.
Irving police say Jesse Perkins is suspected of having killed Dessie Hancock, who was beaten outside a neighbor’s home on Friday. She died Sunday.
Perkins and his brothers — 19-year-old Edward Perkins and 18-year-old Thomas Perkins — initially faced aggravated assault charges, but police said Monday that those holding charges were dropped. Police say Edward Perkins no longer faces any charges. Thomas Perkins is being held on preliminary charges of interference with public duties, hindering apprehension and tampering with physical evidence.
Neither Jesse nor Thomas Perkins has been formally charged, and jail records don’t list attorneys for either of them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- What you need to know about the CDC's new mask guidance
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
This story has been corrected to reflect that the attack happened Friday, not Saturday.