IRVING, Texas (AP) — Police are holding a 20-year-old man on a preliminary murder charge in the beating death of an 83-year-old North Texas woman.
Irving police say Jesse Perkins is suspected of having killed Dessie Hancock, who was beaten outside a neighbor’s home on Friday. She died Sunday.
Perkins and his brothers — 19-year-old Edward Perkins and 18-year-old Thomas Perkins — initially faced aggravated assault charges, but police said Monday that those holding charges were dropped. Police say Edward Perkins no longer faces any charges. Thomas Perkins is being held on preliminary charges of interference with public duties, hindering apprehension and tampering with physical evidence.
Neither Jesse nor Thomas Perkins has been formally charged, and jail records don’t list attorneys for either of them.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transition begin
- Biden transition gets govt OK after Trump out of options
- Man leaves $3K tip for a beer as restaurant closes for virus
- Pandemic crowds bring ‘Rivergeddon’ to Montana’s famed fishing streams VIEW
- Inside Bill Gates' high-stakes quest to vaccinate the world against COVID-19
This story has been corrected to reflect that the attack happened Friday, not Saturday.