MALDEN, Mo. (AP) — Three southeast Missouri teenagers are charged with second-degree murder in the beating death of another teen.
The Sikeston Standard Democrat reports that 17-year-old Dante Gibson was found unresponsive around 3:30 a.m. Sunday on the porch of a home in Malden, about 190 miles (305 kilometers) southwest of St. Louis. He was pronounced dead a short time later at a hospital.
The suspects face arraignment Tuesday.
An autopsy is planned. Police say Gibson died after being “continually punched and kicked” in an apparent dispute over money and drugs.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
Information from: Standard Democrat, http://www.standard-democrat.com