READING, Pa. (AP) — Police in Pennsylvania say two students were stabbed during a brawl in a park.
The Reading Eagle reports police responded to Reading’s City Park around 3:45 p.m. Wednesday. Reading Police Sgt. Darrin Dougherty says between 50 and 60 juveniles were spotted fighting in the park near Reading Intermediate High School.
District communications director Kristin Boyd Edwards says two juveniles were stabbed during the altercation and another teen suffered a head injury. Officials say the victims’ injuries are not life-threatening.
Dougherty says three teenagers have been charged with disorderly conduct. Police say one individual has been charged with aggravated assault.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom, starting with abortion and sodomy
- After a Black man is killed by police, a city cancels its July 4 celebration
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- University defends Justice Thomas' teaching position amid calls for removal
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
Police believe the teens involved in the fight were students.
Edwards says an alert was issued through the district website and its one-call system.
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/