GUTHRIE, Okla. (AP) — Three small earthquakes were recorded overnight in central Oklahoma.
The U.S. Geological Survey reports a magnitude 3.4 quake struck shortly before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday near Guthrie, about 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Oklahoma City. Magnitude 3.0 ad 2.3 quakes were recorded in the same area later Wednesday night and early Thursday morning.
No injuries or damage are reported.
Thousands of earthquakes recorded in Oklahoma in recent years have been linked to underground wastewater injection from oil and gas production. State regulators have directed several oil and gas producers to close some injection wells and reduce volumes in others.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison