LAUDERDALE LAKES, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say three Florida schools were evacuated following two bomb threats about 20 minutes apart.
News outlets report that the calls were made Thursday morning. The first call threatened Boyd Anderson High School and Lauderdale Lakes Middle School, and the second call threatened Oriole Elementary School. The three schools are in one complex.
Officials say students were taken to alternative locations, where they were picked up by their parents or guardians.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office investigated the schools, and the situation was cleared by Thursday afternoon.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
No arrests have been reported.