ST. MARTIN, Miss. (AP) — A third man has pleaded guilty to trying to FedEx 11 pounds (5 kilograms) of marijuana from Colorado to a Mississippi home.
The Sun Herald reports that 23-year-old Kristopher Marcel Nguyen pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of possession with intent to distribute on Tuesday, taking a similar plea deal as the ones agreed to by codefendants 35-year-old Jonathan Mathieu Martin and 35-year-old George Robert Tapper III. All three had been indicted on trafficking charges last June.
Nguyen said he and his friends had used FedEx for the shipment because a friend drove for the company. Jackson County authorities intercepted the package from Colorado, where recreational marijuana use and possession is legal.
Prosecutors are recommending a sentence of 20 years, with 10 suspended, for each defendant, in addition to fines.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
Information from: The Sun Herald, http://www.sunherald.com