MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says a wrong-way collision on Interstate 95 killed three people in Indian River County.
The crash happened Saturday night.
TC Palm reports that 18-year-old Geena Brown was driving north on I-95 in a Ford Mustang when she veered across the grassy median and into the southbound lanes.
According to the FHP, a southbound Cadillac SRX struck the passenger side of the Mustang. The collision killed Brown and the two passengers, ages 76 and 78, in the Cadillac.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
The Cadillac driver,45-year-old Michelle Maugeri was hospitalized with serious injuries.
FHP investigators ruled out alcohol as a factor. The crash remains under investigation.