DEL CITY, Okla. (AP) — Authorities in suburban Oklahoma City have taken three middle school students into custody following a school shooting threat.
The students were taken into custody Thursday following an investigation into a threat at a middle school in Del City, 4 miles (7 kilometers) east of Oklahoma City.
Television station KFOR reports a student found a note in a school hallway Wednesday warning that someone planned to shoot students and set a fire. Officers patrolled the area and parents picked up their children early.
Officials say the student who found the note later told their parent they had written it. The parent notified school administration, and the student claimed two other students were involved in what was meant as a prank.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- US couple accused of ditching adopted girl, moving to Canada
- New Zealand worker feared he might lose his job, so he brought an emotional-support clown to work
- President Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not.
The students’ names and ages haven’t been released.