DEL CITY, Okla. (AP) — Authorities in suburban Oklahoma City have taken three middle school students into custody following a school shooting threat.
The students were taken into custody Thursday following an investigation into a threat at a middle school in Del City, 4 miles (7 kilometers) east of Oklahoma City.
Television station KFOR reports a student found a note in a school hallway Wednesday warning that someone planned to shoot students and set a fire. Officers patrolled the area and parents picked up their children early.
Officials say the student who found the note later told their parent they had written it. The parent notified school administration, and the student claimed two other students were involved in what was meant as a prank.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smart-home technology becomes the newest tool of domestic abusers
- A jogger accidentally crossed into the US from Canada and was detained for two weeks
- Trump calls for depriving immigrants who illegally cross border of due process rights
- Roseanne Barr in interview: 'I made myself a hate magnet'
- British royal family is welcoming its first same-sex marriage
The students’ names and ages haven’t been released.