YANGON, Myanmar (AP) — An official says a military helicopter has crashed in the jungle in northern Myanmar, killing three officers on board.
The aircraft went down Tuesday in the jungle near Daik U town in Bago division, some 150 kilometers (120 miles) northeast of Yangon.
Khin Lay Si, an official in the Daik U administration office, says the rescue team that went to the crash site has confirmed three dead, a major, a captain and a crew member of the helicopter.
It is unclear how many people were on board. Neither the military nor the Information Ministry has released a statement on the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI says it interviewed FedEx mass shooter last year
- 2 women busted for trying to use a $1M bill — at a Dollar General store
- Vaccine etiquette: A guide to politely navigating this new phase of the pandemic
- Beloved N.C. teacher's double life revealed after he dies in cartel robbery, sheriff says
- Sydney man finds snake in lettuce bought at supermarket