FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A panel has nominated three people to potentially fill a vacant circuit court judgeship that serves Madison and Clark counties.
A statement from the Administrative Office of the Courts says the Judicial Nominating Commission chose attorneys Brandy Oliver Brown of Berea, Heidi Beth Engel of Winchester and Jeffrey M. Walson of Winchester to be considered for the position. The seat became vacant in February when Judge William G. Clouse Jr. retired.
The statement says Brown has served as a district judge for nearly 17 years, Engle has served as a prosecutor for two decades and Walson is a former judge and current attorney at Rowady Hendricks Law.
The governor has 60 days to choose one of the nominees to fill the position.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Man uses nude mannequins to send message to 'nosey' neighbor
- Alabama prison shuts off water to cells, hunger strike ends
- Eurostar passengers told to avoid travel until April