FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A panel has nominated three people to potentially fill a vacant circuit court judgeship that serves Madison and Clark counties.
A statement from the Administrative Office of the Courts says the Judicial Nominating Commission chose attorneys Brandy Oliver Brown of Berea, Heidi Beth Engel of Winchester and Jeffrey M. Walson of Winchester to be considered for the position. The seat became vacant in February when Judge William G. Clouse Jr. retired.
The statement says Brown has served as a district judge for nearly 17 years, Engle has served as a prosecutor for two decades and Walson is a former judge and current attorney at Rowady Hendricks Law.
The governor has 60 days to choose one of the nominees to fill the position.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
- Man nabbed in wife's chain saw attack was deported 11 times