BOSTON (AP) — Three men prosecutors say killed another man in a Boston hotel room after a night of drinking and marijuana smoking have been held without bail.
John Collins, Michael Reynolds and Erinn Crawford Jr. all pleaded not guilty Wednesday in Superior Court to first-degree murder and other charges in the Oct. 17 shooting death of 22-year-old Joshua Briggs. A fourth defendant faces arraignment Friday and police are still looking for a fifth suspect.
Prosecutors say a fight was sparked when the victim made a comment that offended Collins.
Collins and others were asked to leave the hotel but five men returned at 4 a.m., burst into the room, robbed the people still inside and shot Briggs, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dead in cars and homes: Northern California fire toll at 42 VIEW
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- New exercise guidelines: Move more, sit less, start younger WATCH
- Heart meeting features fish oil, vitamin D, cholesterol news
- Stan Lee, creator of a galaxy of Marvel superheroes, dies VIEW
Defense attorneys did not comment.