HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Three men have been arrested in a shooting at an apartment in Mississippi.
News outlets report Hattiesburg police responded early Wednesday to calls about the shooting, but the victim and suspects had fled before they arrived. A department news release says the victim had been shot in the shoulder and taken in a personal car to a hospital.
Officers were then advised that the men were at another apartment complex. Officers arrived and entered the apartment when they heard screams coming from inside. The release says officers found guns and drugs inside.
Twenty-one-year-old Erik McFarland is charged with possession of a controlled substance, 22-year-old Dante Myers is charged with possessing a stolen firearm and 24-year-old Austin Keys is charged with disorderly conduct.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'