HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Three men have been arrested in a shooting at an apartment in Mississippi.
News outlets report Hattiesburg police responded early Wednesday to calls about the shooting, but the victim and suspects had fled before they arrived. A department news release says the victim had been shot in the shoulder and taken in a personal car to a hospital.
Officers were then advised that the men were at another apartment complex. Officers arrived and entered the apartment when they heard screams coming from inside. The release says officers found guns and drugs inside.
Twenty-one-year-old Erik McFarland is charged with possession of a controlled substance, 22-year-old Dante Myers is charged with possessing a stolen firearm and 24-year-old Austin Keys is charged with disorderly conduct.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- As he plans July Fourth gala, Trump still owes $7 million in inauguration costs to D.C.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'