NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Three Marines based in New Orleans face rape charges after a Tulane University student and her friend reported a group of men assaulted them earlier this month.
Police say 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Alexander Davenport faces two counts of first-degree rape; 18-year-old Pvt. First Class Jared Anderson faces one count of first-degree rape and 18-year-old Lance Cpl. Antonio Landrum was arrested for third-degree rape.
Multiple media outlets report bond was set at $25,000 for Landrum, $50,000 for Anderson, and $100,000 for Davenport. Landrum and Anderson were represented by public defenders; it was unknown if Davenport had an attorney.
A fourth person is wanted for aggravated rape in connection with the case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
Marine Chief Warrant Officer Georgie Hernandez-McCloud says the Marine Corps is cooperating with the investigation.