NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Three Marines based in New Orleans face rape charges after a Tulane University student and her friend reported a group of men assaulted them earlier this month.
Police say 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Alexander Davenport faces two counts of first-degree rape; 18-year-old Pvt. First Class Jared Anderson faces one count of first-degree rape and 18-year-old Lance Cpl. Antonio Landrum was arrested for third-degree rape.
Multiple media outlets report bond was set at $25,000 for Landrum, $50,000 for Anderson, and $100,000 for Davenport. Landrum and Anderson were represented by public defenders; it was unknown if Davenport had an attorney.
A fourth person is wanted for aggravated rape in connection with the case.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- The coming California megastorm
Marine Chief Warrant Officer Georgie Hernandez-McCloud says the Marine Corps is cooperating with the investigation.