RENSSELAER, N.Y. (AP) — Three people have been killed, including a child, in an early morning house fire in upstate New York.
The Albany Times Union reports the blaze began early Sunday at a home in Rensselaer (rehn-suh-LEER’).
Police have not yet released the names of the victims, but reports say they were a mother, a grandmother and a young son.
The newspaper says a daughter is hospitalized in critical condition and another child was able to escape to a neighbor’s house for help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
- Cohen secretly taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Pilots recount rescue of suicidal man on Mount Hood
Authorities say it took firefighters less than an hour to bring the fire under control. The house was completely gutted.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Information from: Times Union, http://www.timesunion.com