RENSSELAER, N.Y. (AP) — Three people have been killed, including a child, in an early morning house fire in upstate New York.
The Albany Times Union reports the blaze began early Sunday at a home in Rensselaer (rehn-suh-LEER’).
Police have not yet released the names of the victims, but reports say they were a mother, a grandmother and a young son.
The newspaper says a daughter is hospitalized in critical condition and another child was able to escape to a neighbor’s house for help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Authorities say it took firefighters less than an hour to bring the fire under control. The house was completely gutted.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Information from: Times Union, http://www.timesunion.com