RENSSELAER, N.Y. (AP) — Three people have been killed, including a child, in an early morning house fire in upstate New York.
The Albany Times Union reports the blaze began early Sunday at a home in Rensselaer (rehn-suh-LEER’).
Police have not yet released the names of the victims, but reports say they were a mother, a grandmother and a young son.
The newspaper says a daughter is hospitalized in critical condition and another child was able to escape to a neighbor’s house for help.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Newspaper calls for KKK resurgence, schools rescind honors
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Sen. Bernie Sanders says he's running for president in 2020 WATCH
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
Authorities say it took firefighters less than an hour to bring the fire under control. The house was completely gutted.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Information from: Times Union, http://www.timesunion.com