PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police have identified the three people killed in a stolen SUV that collided with another vehicle.
Authorities say 38-year-old Melissa Bishop, 14-year-old Promise Garcia and 13-year-old Ariella Santos died from their injuries in Monday night’s crash.
Garcia was initially reported as an adult.
Police spokesman Sgt. Vince Lewis says four others in the vehicle were injured, including the 14-year-old driver.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration pulls US out of UN human rights council
- 'Are you dead, sir?': Video shows ER doctor mocking patient who said he couldn't breathe WATCH
- More outbreaks of foodborne illnesses: Here’s what you need to know
- In secret recording, children in custody sob, beg for parents taken from them at U.S. border
- What separation from parents does to children: 'The effect is catastrophic'
His injuries are not life-threatening.
Lewis says shortly after police learned the SUV had been stolen, authorities received a call of a crash on a frontage road near Interstate 17 and Greenway Road.
The SUV crashed into another vehicle turning from Greenway onto the frontage road on a green light.
The other vehicle’s driver was treated at the scene.
Lewis says neither driver showed signs of impairment.