PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police have identified the three people killed in a stolen SUV that collided with another vehicle.
Authorities say 38-year-old Melissa Bishop, 14-year-old Promise Garcia and 13-year-old Ariella Santos died from their injuries in Monday night’s crash.
Garcia was initially reported as an adult.
Police spokesman Sgt. Vince Lewis says four others in the vehicle were injured, including the 14-year-old driver.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cosby in cuffs: TV star gets 3 to 10 years for sex assault VIEW
- 'How'd you find me?': Kavanaugh friend Mark Judge has been holed up in a beach house amid media firestorm
- Kavanaugh’s yearbook page is ‘horrible, hurtful’ to a woman it named
- Archaeologists discover 'massive' ancient building in Egypt VIEW
- Mormon women’s group aims call for probe of Kavanaugh allegations at LDS senators
His injuries are not life-threatening.
Lewis says shortly after police learned the SUV had been stolen, authorities received a call of a crash on a frontage road near Interstate 17 and Greenway Road.
The SUV crashed into another vehicle turning from Greenway onto the frontage road on a green light.
The other vehicle’s driver was treated at the scene.
Lewis says neither driver showed signs of impairment.