PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police have identified the three people killed in a stolen SUV that collided with another vehicle.
Authorities say 38-year-old Melissa Bishop, 14-year-old Promise Garcia and 13-year-old Ariella Santos died from their injuries in Monday night’s crash.
Garcia was initially reported as an adult.
Police spokesman Sgt. Vince Lewis says four others in the vehicle were injured, including the 14-year-old driver.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together VIEW
His injuries are not life-threatening.
Lewis says shortly after police learned the SUV had been stolen, authorities received a call of a crash on a frontage road near Interstate 17 and Greenway Road.
The SUV crashed into another vehicle turning from Greenway onto the frontage road on a green light.
The other vehicle’s driver was treated at the scene.
Lewis says neither driver showed signs of impairment.