PHOENIX (AP) — Phoenix police have identified the three people killed in a stolen SUV that collided with another vehicle.
Authorities say 38-year-old Melissa Bishop, 14-year-old Promise Garcia and 13-year-old Ariella Santos died from their injuries in Monday night’s crash.
Garcia was initially reported as an adult.
Police spokesman Sgt. Vince Lewis says four others in the vehicle were injured, including the 14-year-old driver.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- Seattle arboretum loop trail opens up new vistas, opportunities VIEW
- Northeast Seattle street project stirs cars-vs.-bikes debate
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
His injuries are not life-threatening.
Lewis says shortly after police learned the SUV had been stolen, authorities received a call of a crash on a frontage road near Interstate 17 and Greenway Road.
The SUV crashed into another vehicle turning from Greenway onto the frontage road on a green light.
The other vehicle’s driver was treated at the scene.
Lewis says neither driver showed signs of impairment.