RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Three teens have been killed in a wreck in North Carolina.
Local media outlets reported the North Carolina Highway Patrol says the wreck happened in Raleigh around 2 a.m. Sunday.
The victims were 18-year-old Erik Avila and two brothers, 19-year-old Carlos Gomez and 17-year-old Juan Gomez. Troopers say Carlos Gomez was driving the car when it collided with an SUV.
A mother and child in the SUV were taken to a Raleigh hospital for injuries that did not appear to be life-threatening. Their names have not been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They relied on rapid COVID tests to gather safely; now some wish they hadn't
- New sequence of images shows Tonga volcano's devastation
- Cracker Barrel served a cleaning chemical to a customer; now the restaurant must pay him $9.3M
- How to find a quality mask (and avoid counterfeits)
- A hiker went camping despite warnings about severe winter weather. Six rescuers in snowshoes had to save him.