YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a woman driving the wrong way on a northeast Ohio interstate connector collided head-on with a semitrailer, killing her two young children and her brother.
Youngstown police say 25-year-old Kanosha Bason, of Warren, remains hospitalized after the collision on State Route 711 around 12:30 a.m. Friday.
Police say the collision killed 7-year-old Noreyion Bason, 5-year-old Nialaisha Bason, and 32-year-old Cedrick Lyons.
The 53-year-old driver of the semitrailer was treated for minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology
The northbound lanes of Route 711 were closed for 12 hours while workers removed steel beams being hauled by the semitrailer.