DARLINGTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities say a woman in labor and her unborn baby were killed along with two other people and another baby still in the womb after a SUV ran off the side of a road into a ditch in South Carolina.
Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Judd Jones says all 11 people inside the vehicle were ejected in the wreck around 10 p.m. Friday on a two-lane road in Darlington County.
Judd says the eight people injured were taken to the hospital, but he didn’t have their conditions.
Darlington County Coroner Todd Hardee said 28-year-old Chikari Douglas-Rouse was in labor and trying to get to the hospital. Troopers say the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer ran off the right side of the road and overturned. The cause of the wreck was still under investigation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Mueller reveals Trump's attempts to choke off Russia probe VIEW
- 3 climbers presumed dead after Banff avalanche
- Here's the redacted Mueller report and what you need to know about it
- Key takeaways from Robert Mueller's Russia report VIEW
- Subpoena issued for Mueller report: 'It falls to Congress'