FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) — Three men have died in a car wreck after sliding off a wet road and crashing into several trees.
TCPalm.com reports 21-year-old driver Willie Lewis and 22-year-old passenger Lee Wilford died at the scene on Friday. Another passenger, 21-year-old Eric Martin, died at a hospital on Sunday.
A Florida Highway Patrol says the three Fort Pierce men were driving north on State Road A1A in St. Lucie County when Lewis lost control of the car. It says the car spun across the opposing lane before hitting two trees on the side of the road.
The report says none of the men were wearing seatbelts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Intimidation, pressure and humiliation: Inside Trump’s two-year war on the investigations encircling him VIEW
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Information from: The Stuart (Fla.) News, http://www.tcpalm.com