MCCORMICK, S.C. (AP) — Three small children and their father have died in a mobile home fire in South Carolina.
McCormick County Coroner Faye Puckett told local media outlets the fire was reported around 12:30 a.m. Monday. No one else was in the home. Firefighters said the home was engulfed in flames and the roof had collapsed when they arrived.
Puckett identified the people killed as 25-year-old Nathan Raugh and three of his children— 4-year-old James Raugh, 3-year-old Jalissa Raugh, and 1-year-old Jordan Raugh.
The sheriff’s office and the State Law Enforcement Division are investigating the cause of the blaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- Democrats subpoena Mueller report amid calls for impeachment
- Sanders goes on offensive defending credibility after report
- A portrait of the White House and its culture of chaos, dishonesty VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
McCormick is about 35 miles (55 kilometers) northwest of Augusta, Georgia.