MCCORMICK, S.C. (AP) — Three small children and their father have died in a mobile home fire in South Carolina.
McCormick County Coroner Faye Puckett told local media outlets the fire was reported around 12:30 a.m. Monday. No one else was in the home. Firefighters said the home was engulfed in flames and the roof had collapsed when they arrived.
Puckett identified the people killed as 25-year-old Nathan Raugh and three of his children— 4-year-old James Raugh, 3-year-old Jalissa Raugh, and 1-year-old Jordan Raugh.
The sheriff’s office and the State Law Enforcement Division are investigating the cause of the blaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
McCormick is about 35 miles (55 kilometers) northwest of Augusta, Georgia.