MCCORMICK, S.C. (AP) — Three small children and their father have died in a mobile home fire in South Carolina.
McCormick County Coroner Faye Puckett told local media outlets the fire was reported around 12:30 a.m. Monday. No one else was in the home. Firefighters said the home was engulfed in flames and the roof had collapsed when they arrived.
Puckett identified the people killed as 25-year-old Nathan Raugh and three of his children— 4-year-old James Raugh, 3-year-old Jalissa Raugh, and 1-year-old Jordan Raugh.
The sheriff’s office and the State Law Enforcement Division are investigating the cause of the blaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect
McCormick is about 35 miles (55 kilometers) northwest of Augusta, Georgia.