NEWARK, Del. (AP) — Three men have been charged in the assault and robbery of a University of Delaware student.
Newark police Sgt. Gerald J. Bryda tells The News Journal of Wilmington the three were caught on surveillance footage Wednesday that showed them digging through the pockets of the unidentified student who had been knocked unconscious. The three then left the scene in Jeep Cherokee that was pulled over for speeding.
The driver, 23-year-old Michael Hunter, was charged then on counts including a DUI. Twenty-three-year-old Matthew Peterson and 25-year-old Zachery Hedinger were passengers. Hunter and Hedinger were arrested on charges including first-degree robbery when they tried to get the impounded Jeep. A warrant is out for Peterson’s arrest on similar charges.
The injured student was taken to a hospital with a head wound.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com