NEWARK, Del. (AP) — Three men have been charged in the assault and robbery of a University of Delaware student.
Newark police Sgt. Gerald J. Bryda tells The News Journal of Wilmington the three were caught on surveillance footage Wednesday that showed them digging through the pockets of the unidentified student who had been knocked unconscious. The three then left the scene in Jeep Cherokee that was pulled over for speeding.
The driver, 23-year-old Michael Hunter, was charged then on counts including a DUI. Twenty-three-year-old Matthew Peterson and 25-year-old Zachery Hedinger were passengers. Hunter and Hedinger were arrested on charges including first-degree robbery when they tried to get the impounded Jeep. A warrant is out for Peterson’s arrest on similar charges.
The injured student was taken to a hospital with a head wound.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com