CANTON, Ohio (AP) — Three centenarian sisters have been honored at the final graduation ceremony of the Ohio high school they attended.
Hazel Jarrell, who is 104 years old, was a member of the class of 1932 at Canton Township High School, the first graduating class at the school now known as Canton South High School in northeastern Ohio.
Two of Jarrell’s sisters, 102-year-old Irene Jarrell and 100-year-old Ruth Jarrell Gerber Hall, were also graduates of the school.
The Repository reports (http://bit.ly/2rTit7C ) the three were recognized at Tuesday’s Canton South High School graduation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney
The school is scheduled for demolition in a couple months and will be replaced by a new facility that’s almost done.
Hazel Jarrell says she’s saddened at the school’s demise but understands that a new building is needed.
Information from: The Repository, http://www.cantonrep.com