KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Three men are in custody in a 2014 drive-by shooting that killed a 10-year-old girl inside a Kansas City, Kansas, home.
KMBC-TV reports that police also are looking for a fourth suspect in the killing of Machole Stewart. The spokesman for the Wyandotte County prosecutor’s office didn’t immediately return a phone call from The Associated Press seeking comment.
Machole was killed when bullets from a passing vehicle sprayed a home while she was at a family gathering inside. No one else inside the home was injured. Police have said the intended target was a 19-year-old relative.
Machole’s grandmother says the girl was “robbed” of “a beautiful life with her family.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: KMBC-TV, http://www.kmbc.com