COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Authorities have arrested a second suspect in a home shooting in Ohio’s capital that left a 2-year-old girl dead and her parents injured.
Columbus police say the 22-year-old man was arrested as he got out of a vehicle Thursday, two days after the shooting.
Police say the toddler, Amiyah Bice, died at a hospital shortly after the shooting Tuesday evening. Police say her parents, 28-year-old Julian Bice and 25-year-old Jessica Stanford, suffered serious injuries but are expected to survive.
Relatives tell WBNS-TV that the couple crouched over the girl and tried to shield her from the gunfire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
- People are having COVID parties to spread the virus. That's 'Russian roulette,' doctors warn
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
Investigators say one suspect, a 51-year-old Columbus man, also was wounded and was found outside the home. Both suspects have been charged with murder and felonious assault.