ROOSEVELT, N.Y. (AP) — Another person has been arrested in connection with a New York teenager’s machete slaying blamed on the MS-13 gang.
Eighteen-year-old Josue Figueroa-Velasquez pleaded not guilty at his arraignment Wednesday on murder charges in the death of 15-year-old Angel Soler, of Long Island.
Angel’s remains were found last October in Nassau County. Authorities say Angel was attacked by a group of people and was hacked to death with a machete in July.
Figueroa-Velasquez is represented by Legal Aid. Two other people also have been charged in Angel’s killing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- Trump reportedly admitted taking Kim Jong Un letters from White House
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Also on Wednesday, unidentified human remains believed to be the victim of MS-13 were found in Roosevelt.
MS-13 is believed to be behind 25 killings on Long Island during the past two years and has become a target of President Donald Trump.