BRAINTREE, Mass. (AP) — Officials say more than two dozen students at a Massachusetts high school were taken to hospitals due to possible exposure to chemicals from a cleaning solution.
East Middle School Principal John Sheehan told parents a solution used to clean ovens wasn’t fully drained before the oven was turned on Monday morning.
Sheehan says the fire department was called to the Braintree school because of the smell. Several students complained of eye irritation.
Officials say 25 students and a worker were taken to hospitals out of an abundance of caution. They are OK and are being released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Sheehan says health and fire officials have deemed the building safe.