LAS VEGAS (AP) — A 24-year-old Las Vegas woman has died from the flu.
Jenna Libidinsky’s friends say she became sick shortly after the new year and battled the flu for two weeks.
What started off as the flu turned into bronchitis then walking pneumonia.
Libidinsky later suffered cardiac arrest and died Wednesday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Her friend Gabrielle Hile says Libidinsky was healthy, but did not get a flu shot.
Hile and others gathered to remember her Saturday night.
They described her as someone who loved to go out to new places and eat sushi.
Twenty-two people in Clark County have died from the flu this year.
According to Southern Nevada Health District data released Friday, there were almost 1,000 confirmed flu cases in the county as of Feb. 3.