LAS VEGAS (AP) — A 24-year-old Las Vegas woman has died from the flu.
Jenna Libidinsky’s friends say she became sick shortly after the new year and battled the flu for two weeks.
What started off as the flu turned into bronchitis then walking pneumonia.
Libidinsky later suffered cardiac arrest and died Wednesday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- Guard troops search for more wildfire victims; 56 dead WATCH
- Shot in the neck at 17, this is the trauma surgeon now leading doctors against gun violence and NRA
- Migrant caravan groups arrive by hundreds at US border VIEW
Her friend Gabrielle Hile says Libidinsky was healthy, but did not get a flu shot.
Hile and others gathered to remember her Saturday night.
They described her as someone who loved to go out to new places and eat sushi.
Twenty-two people in Clark County have died from the flu this year.
According to Southern Nevada Health District data released Friday, there were almost 1,000 confirmed flu cases in the county as of Feb. 3.