LAS VEGAS (AP) — A 24-year-old Las Vegas woman has died from the flu.
Jenna Libidinsky’s friends say she became sick shortly after the new year and battled the flu for two weeks.
What started off as the flu turned into bronchitis then walking pneumonia.
Libidinsky later suffered cardiac arrest and died Wednesday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
Her friend Gabrielle Hile says Libidinsky was healthy, but did not get a flu shot.
Hile and others gathered to remember her Saturday night.
They described her as someone who loved to go out to new places and eat sushi.
Twenty-two people in Clark County have died from the flu this year.
According to Southern Nevada Health District data released Friday, there were almost 1,000 confirmed flu cases in the county as of Feb. 3.