WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A 21-year-old man who was wounded after a police chase in which he was accused of shooting at officers has been booked into jail.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the man was booked Monday on suspicion of attempted capital murder and other charges.
Wichita police Lt. Todd Ojile says the chase began Dec. 27 after a witness spotted the man and a woman stealing mail and called 911. Police say an officer went inside a business, where the suspect shot at the officer. Police say the officer got outside and that the man stole a truck.
A chase ensued, and police say the man fired more shots before two officers returned fire. The suspect was struck in his lower jaw and taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amazon dumps NYC headquarters and its promised 25,000 jobs
- Too big to sell: Airbus bids pained adieu to superjumbo A380 VIEW
- Unclaimed $1.5B prize: South Carolina could be big loser too
- Congress OKs border deal; Trump will sign, declare emergency WATCH
- Trump tests presidential power, declares emergency at border WATCH
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com