WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A 21-year-old man who was wounded after a police chase in which he was accused of shooting at officers has been booked into jail.
The Wichita Eagle reports that the man was booked Monday on suspicion of attempted capital murder and other charges.
Wichita police Lt. Todd Ojile says the chase began Dec. 27 after a witness spotted the man and a woman stealing mail and called 911. Police say an officer went inside a business, where the suspect shot at the officer. Police say the officer got outside and that the man stole a truck.
A chase ensued, and police say the man fired more shots before two officers returned fire. The suspect was struck in his lower jaw and taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- As Senate hearing set for Kavanaugh, new accuser emerges VIEW
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Lindsey Graham: 'There's a bureaucratic coup going on' at FBI and Justice Department
Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, http://www.kansas.com