PERHAM, Minn. (AP) — Prosecutors say a 21-year-old man with a history of mental illness and violence killed a woman and her adult son who had taken him into their home in Otter Tail County.
William Hillman has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of 42-year-old Denise McFadzen and 21-year-old Dalton McFadzen. Their bodies were found Tuesday at their rural Perham home. Authorities say they had been beaten with a large pipe wrench.
Hillman was arrested at a neighboring house where he had called 911. The complaint says Hillman told investigators the two victims “were just weird.”
Authorities say Hillman was released from a mental health commitment in November 2017 after punching his mother and threatening to kill her. He moved in with the McFadzens about six weeks ago.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Just how germy are airplanes? We put one to the test.
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it