CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — The 42nd annual Spoleto Festival USA is kicking off in South Carolina.
The arts festival starts at noon Friday in front of Charleston City Hall. The international festival features more than 150 performances.
The festival runs through June 10 and includes opera, theater, dance performances as well as chamber, symphonic, choral and jazz music.
The festival was started in 1977 by Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Gian Carlo Menotti.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Career prosecutors recommend no charges for Gaetz in sex-trafficking probe