TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A 20-year-old Florida man has claimed the $451 million Mega Millions jackpot, choosing to get $282 million at once instead of more in annual installments.
A Florida Lottery news release said Friday that 20-year-old Shane Missler, of Port Richey, had claimed the jackpot from the multistate game’s Jan. 5 drawing. They say he chose to receive his winnings in a one-time, lump-sum payment of $282 million.
“I’m only 20, but I hope to use it to pursue a variety of passions, help my family and do some good for humanity,” he said in a statement.
The winning numbers to claim the nation’s 10th-largest jackpot were 28-30-39-59-70 with a Mega Ball of 10.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought VIEW
- Scott Pruitt before the EPA: Fancy homes, a shell company and friends with money
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar 'stable but in critical condition' after passing out in dugout
- Archaeologists find bust of Roman emperor in Egypt
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
The winning ticket was bought at a 7-Eleven in Port Richey. The retailer will receive a $100,000 bonus.