HAVERHILL, Mass. (AP) — Police in Haverhill are investigating the drive-by shooting death of a 20-year-old man.
A spokeswoman for the Essex district attorney says Nike Colon was a front-seat passenger in a pickup truck who was shot by someone in a passing vehicle at about 5 p.m. Thursday.
Colon was driven to City Hall where firefighters administered first aid before he was taken to a local hospital. The Haverhill man was flown to a Boston hospital where he was pronounced dead.
There was no word on suspects or arrests as of Friday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Washington man's idea for defusing 'fecal time bomb' on Mount Everest
- Woman tells police she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'
- In Australia town of 11 people, mysterious disappearance turns neighbor against neighbor
- FBI agent Peter Strzok fired over anti-Trump texts
Colon’s death was the second fatal shooting in Haverhill this month. Forty-year-old Jeffrey Larkin was shot in the chest and killed on May 6. There have been no arrests in that case.