HAVERHILL, Mass. (AP) — Police in Haverhill are investigating the drive-by shooting death of a 20-year-old man.
A spokeswoman for the Essex district attorney says Nike Colon was a front-seat passenger in a pickup truck who was shot by someone in a passing vehicle at about 5 p.m. Thursday.
Colon was driven to City Hall where firefighters administered first aid before he was taken to a local hospital. The Haverhill man was flown to a Boston hospital where he was pronounced dead.
There was no word on suspects or arrests as of Friday morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor closed indefinitely
- Cat lovers at Google threaten native owls with support for feral felines
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Delaware man sentenced to life for raping girl 250 times
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
Colon’s death was the second fatal shooting in Haverhill this month. Forty-year-old Jeffrey Larkin was shot in the chest and killed on May 6. There have been no arrests in that case.