PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Polk County Sheriff’s officials say two people have died in a head-on crash.
KOIN-TV (http://bit.ly/2xsonN1 ) reports that a northbound Acura and southbound Volvo ran into each other just north of Monmouth on Saturday. Officials say both drivers were already dead by the time deputies and emergency responders arrived at the crash scene.
The Acura driver was identified as 24-year-old Jacob Bailey of Dallas, Ore. — who was ejected in the crash. Meanwhile, the Volvo driver was identified as 18-year-old Elizabeth Hoke of Silverton.
The Polk County Sheriff’s office is investigating the cause of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: KOIN-TV, http://www.koin.com/