PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Polk County Sheriff’s officials say two people have died in a head-on crash.
KOIN-TV (http://bit.ly/2xsonN1 ) reports that a northbound Acura and southbound Volvo ran into each other just north of Monmouth on Saturday. Officials say both drivers were already dead by the time deputies and emergency responders arrived at the crash scene.
The Acura driver was identified as 24-year-old Jacob Bailey of Dallas, Ore. — who was ejected in the crash. Meanwhile, the Volvo driver was identified as 18-year-old Elizabeth Hoke of Silverton.
The Polk County Sheriff’s office is investigating the cause of the crash.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect
- Here's where all the cases against Trump stand as he campaigns for a return to the White House
Information from: KOIN-TV, http://www.koin.com/